Bonner County Drivers Licensing

Drivers License in Bonner County IdahoOur office has moved to their new location at 4105 N. Boyer Road (in the old Bonner County Probation/Juvenile Detention building). We are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We have a satellite office in Priest River (Eastside Road) that is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday  from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 

If you need to do any testing, please be there before 3:00 p.m. to allow adequate time.



Q: What do I need to get an Idaho Driver’s License or I.D. card?
A:  You will need a driver’s license/I.D. card from your former state, your Social Security number, and proof of residency (see following question and answer).  You will also need to take a written test (explained below).

Q: What do I need to show proof of residency?
A: You will need one of the following: a current utility bill, rental or lease contract, paycheck stub with name and physical address, government mail or residency affidavit.

Q: Do I have to take a test?
A:  If you have a current valid driver’s license from another state, you will only be required to take a written test.

Q: What are the fees for a driver’s license?
A:  Ages 18-21 (3 yr) $25.00; over 21 yrs of age (4 yr) $30.00 or (8 yr) $55.00. Note, anyone over the age of 63 is issued a 4 year license only.

Q:  What are the fees for an Idaho I.D. card?
A:   Under 21 yrs of age $10.00.  Anyone over 21 yrs of age (4 yr) $10.00 (8 yr) $20.00.

Q:  I just got married, so how do I change my name on my Idaho Driver’s License/I.D. card?
A:   You will need to bring your Certified Marriage Certificate into the Driver’s License Office and we can issue you a new license under your married name.

Q:  I lost my Idaho Driver’s License.  How do I get another one?
A:   Just come in to your local driver’s license office.  We have photos on file to identify you.  We will take a new photo and there is a $15.00 charge.

Q:  What documents do I need to get my child a Driver’s Training Permit?
A:   You will need a certified birth certificate, Social Security number, school ID card, or yearbook photo, verification of enrollment in school and a natural parent or guardian, who possesses a valid Idaho License must sign for liability. The child will be required to take a vision exam so if your child wears glassess, please bring them.

Q:  Do I need to let you know when I have a change of address?
A:   Yes, you have 30 days to report your change of address.

Q:  How do I get a motorcycle permit?
A:   You must have an Idaho Driver’s License that is current for at least 6 months, and pass a motorcycle written test.

Q:  How do I contact the Motor Vehicle Department for title liens and vehicle licensing?
A:  You can reach them at (208) 265-1430.

You can reach the Sandpoint office at 265-1431 or 448-2816 for the Priest River office.

If you'd like to comment on your experience at one of the Drivers' License Offices, please click here to complete the form and submit it to us. Click here: Comment Card

For more specific information regarding driver's licenses please use the following link:                                 

Home | Community FORCE | Marine | Detention Center | How do I?

Drivers License | Civil | Records | Animal Control | Concealed Weapons Permit | Press Releases | WANTED | Sex Offenders | Report Criminal Activity

Bonner County Sheriff’s Office
4001 N. Boyer Road
Sandpoint , ID 83864

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Web Site by,

(208) 263-8417 Fax (208) 265-4378

Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday

Drivers License Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday

Booking Information:
(208) 263-8417 ext. 3005

Crime Reports  VINELink Victim Information and Notification   Sex Offenders Search Bonner County Sheriff's Office Facebook pageWhat's happening in your neighborhood?